|Top Previous Next|
updated July 30, 2010
The present version is 188.8.131.52
The release date is June 15, 2010.
- Added auto rotation and rendering speed control of screen objects.
- Added check for cogging torque symmetry to reduce rotor angular steps in FEA multirun. One full electrical cycle, half electrical cycle, one full cogging torque cycle, and half a cogging torque cycle is now supported for FEA skew calculations.
- Implemented partial motor mesh for buried magnet rotors.
- Improved all skew calculation routines in both FEA and analytical engines.
- Changed the way multirun FEA data is loaded when opening a saved file.
- Fixed a bug in the output data printer settings page that would cause the application to crash.
- Fixed minor bugs in Cobalt module in partial model mesh generation. Cobalt supports different shaft material from this version on.
- Fixed a bug in mesh input data generation when more than 3 bifurcations are specified.
- Known issue with the graph module: multiple series with values less that 1e-12 cannot be plotted. This will be resolved in future releases. The x, y components of the radial force in multirun FEA is forced to zero if this condition is true for plotting.
The present version is 184.108.40.206
The release date is May 02, 2010.
- Major internal change in Licensing. Users will require to provide new hardware signature during next upgrade or new install.
- Added basic texture support and background image for the OpenGL engine.
- Added midpoint method as another option for the ODE solver for phase currents.
- Added Huen's method of prediction and correction as another option for the ODE solver for phase currents.
- Changed licensing method to make it more robust. Existing user must install a newer version of Samarium with new License files.
- Added true PWM with varying duty cycle simulation as an option method to use for wye, delta winding current solutions.
- Fixed the known issue, program may crash if the rotor type is changed before page 2 of the input property pages is made visible at least once.
The present version is 220.127.116.11
The release date is Feb 19, 2010.
- Added dynamic winding inductance variation for salient pole rotors.
- Added a type of interior or buried magnet rotor support for inner rotor motors. Partial motor model for FEA is not complete.
- Added support for exploded view of the motor and sub-assemblies.
- Fixed a bug in winding algorithm that crashed when the span was made equal to Nss. Program how just exits the winding routines with a warning.
- Fixed minor bugs in visualization of higher order gradient recovered fields.
- Fixed a bug in multirun current column: Ic, which displayed Ib instead of Ic earlier, in the Advanced FEA source options.
The release date is December 18, 2009.
- Added feature to visualize skew on ring magnets.
- Included magnet energy product in SI units.
-Fixed a bug in multirun FEA skew calculations.
The release date is September 13, 2009.
- Winding diagram now has coil direction indicators, options for size, etc. has been added.
- Fixed minor bugs in anti-aliasing and other GL routines.
- Fixed a bug in output data class, printing does not delete any sections anymore.
The release date is July24, 2009.
- Made minor changes to the software to allow installation in Windows XP 32 bit, 64 bit and Windows Vista.
- Added multiple clipping planes and option to visualize the clipping planes. Capping clipped objects has not been implemented.
- Modified winding algorithm to allow for single side coils in each slot. Modified mesh input algorithm to accept this type of balanced windings for FEA.
- Fixed a bug in graph status bar while displaying coordinates in 'log' mode.
Multi-pole slotless motor design is also planned. The order of implementation has not been decided at this time. A rough idea of some of the things to come is shown below in no particular order.
- Multi pole slotless motors
- Outer rotating slotless motors